Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wonky Log Cabins

So after my first success with making a log cabin, I thought I would try to make some wonky blocks. It started with this one:


Then came this one:


And a third:

Until I ended up with 5!


These are all 6" square. I used up my scraps of Urban Chiks Blossom. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with these yet...I think I'll keep making more until I run out of scraps. I think I see a throw quilt in the works.

I must thank Jacquie for her inspirational blog that has opened my a whole new world of quilting for me. I love the creativity and individuality of each block, and the freedom I have to choose the design - no patterns or designers to dictate my creative process! It's exhilarating!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anna January 23, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I love them all! They look fantastic! I think the third one is my favorite...I like how the center square and the next strip are the same pattern but different colors. It has great contrast. Nice work!

Carmen January 24, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

All of them are FABULOUS!!!!

Sara January 24, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

They are great - I love the colors of that fabric. It would make a great throw!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP