I finally started and completed quilting my strippy quilt (has been sitting in the closet for months!).
Also, I created a new ironing board cover. I was trying to be brillant one night and got adhesive all over my old cover, so a new, hand made one was warranted. I followed this tutorial here - very easy and fast!
AND...I finished my sister's (Carmen) block for Live Piecefully Quilting Bee. She mentioned to me that she was loving the "strippy" style...so this is the result.
All that and more in 2 days!!!! This new machine is a work horse, and has rekindled my love for sewing! Thank-you Janome!