Thursday, February 10, 2011

Earth's Berries Soap Nuts Review!


I have had the lucky priveledge to review a new and innovative way to think about cleaning and clothing care: Soap Nuts!  Earth’s Berries Soap Nuts are an economical, environmentally friendly alternative to your standard cleaning products. Recognized by most for its safe and effective laundry uses, Earth’s Berries Soap Nuts has a multitude of other household uses including:
  • All-purpose cleaner
  • Pet friendly shampoo for your furry friend
  • Steam-cleaning spot treatment
  • Liquid hand soap
  • Body wash
  • Shampoo
  • Jewelry cleaner
  • Window cleaner
  • Vegetable wash
  • Pest repellant

So what are Earth’s Berries Soap Nuts? Here's an excerpt from their website:

Soap nuts aren't technically nuts. They're fruit, taken from the soapberry tree (Sapindus mukorrosi). In appearance, they're similar to the lychee nut, yet they're not grown for consumption. Thanks to their high concentration of foaming "saponin," soap nuts are used throughout the world as cleaning agents.
Harvested in India and Nepal, soap nuts have been used for centuries in Southeast Asia and for decades in Europe. In the past decade, it has made its way to North America, where it has been recognized as a natural, potent cleaning alternative to the harsh chemicals common to detergents and household cleaners.”
Some great advantages of Earth's Berries Soap Nuts:
  • CHEAP!
  • Cost effective!
  • Global conscientious!
  • Fund raising
  • Fair trade

So now - my experience with Earth's Berries Soap Nuts in one word:
FANTASTIC!
I purchased a large bag (1kg) from TheShoppingChannel when I saw Karen's intriguing presentation on TV. That 1kg bag will do approximately 300-400 loads of laundry. With a purchase price of $30 CDN - that equals maximum $0.10 per load!!! The average laundry detergent runs around $0.30 per load - so it's pretty obvious which is better on the wallet.


First I started using it for laundry. Following the directions on the bag (which can also be found here on their website), I used it as my only laundry soap for several weeks - and I have had nothing but great results! Clothes come out clean with no odor or scent from the soap - even my husband's nasty work pants that he has slugged through the mud - completely clean! Hot water, cold water, small loads, large VERY dirty loads - didn't matter what the combination - it all turned out clean and fresh! 
I was very impressed, and quite pleased with myself for finding such an effective natural product :)

So I moved on to see what else Earth's Berries Soap Nuts could do for me...and so began the creating of soap nut liquid. I followed Karen's video instructions at the Earth's Berries Soap Nuts website to create a rather large quantity of soap nut liquid - very easy to do!

So my first batch all jarred and ready to be put to the test!

Posted by Picasa

I then used it in a spray bottle as an all-purpose cleaner - on counters, table tops, cabinets, sinks...great easy cleaning!
I then used it to spot treat a few dirty areas on some drapery - worked FANTASTIC! Stains were completely gone with no discoloration or residue on the drapes. It totally saved me from taking each panel down and throwing them in the wash. Saved me time and energy!

Now my routine has been to create Earth's Berries Soap Nuts liquid and freeze it in ice cube trays. Since my freezer is in my laundry room, it's easy access to "ready to use" cleaner. I alternate between using the soap nuts in the muslin laundry bag or using a cube or two of the frozen liquid for each laundry load. Both work just as well.

I plan to use Earth's Berries Soap Nuts for all my child's laundering needs...including cloth diapers!!! I have full confidence it won't let me down.

Check out the Earth's Berries Soap Nuts website to read about all the goodness that soap nuts brings, including testimonals...and order your bag today! Also check out their facebook page here.

6 comments:

affectioknit February 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

I've been wanting to try those! Thanks for the review!

Max Thomson March 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM  

If you're health conscious, love simplicity, and care about the environment, then you need Green
Planet Scientific's latest innovation - SoapBerries Laundry Detergent. <a href="http://www.soapberries.com/index.aspx/>berry soap</a>

Unknown June 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

Wow!! I had almost forgotten about these beauties!! I would use it as shampoo all the time back home in India. I did not know you could use them as laundry detergent though..

Unknown January 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM  

Knowledge giving Article! I appreciate you. I completely agree with you. If we talk about current scenario then it is must be update. I enjoyed reading. I would like to visit more for more queries.
indian soap nuts

Emma Watson August 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM  

It is really an informative sharing I have not any idea about it. Thanks for the sharing.

Italian Villas

Unknown November 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM  

tempat tidur minimalis
ranjang tidur anak
tempat tidur terbaru
tempat tidur
ranjang tidur jati
luxury bed sets
bed models italian
tempat tidur tingkat
tempat tidur hello kitty
tempat tidur anak bertingkat
set kamar tidur jati
set bed bayi
tempat tidur anak minimalis
set tempat tidur bayi
kamar set modern
tempat tidur coklat
dipan rahwana jati
kamar set mewah jati
kamar mewah italian
kamr set mewah model terbaru
set tempat tidur minimalis
tempat tidur minimalis
tempat tidur mewah
tempat tidur anak
kamar set mewah
MEJA KANTOR
meja kantor direktur
meja kantor presiden
kursi kantor ukiran
meja kantor jati
meja kantor mewah
meja kantor

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP