Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Help please...

So I'm trying my best to get some unfinished projects done and off my list. I finally completed all the blocks for this Wonderland quilt and squared them up...now I just need to figure out some sashing. But I'm torn. I have two options...



Light or dark? Both are linen/cotton blends that I've never used before in a quilt, but thought it would be good to put them to use. The dark is a flecky grey, and the light is like a natural white (not stark white). I like them both and I can't decide.
Any thoughts? opinions? advice?

On another note, I planted my first garden ever this past weekend.

This being my first house, and also my first real yard, I decided to create a whole new flower bed. I choose perennials (because I don't really want to be doing this every year), and I was told they are pretty low maintenance...perfect for the gardening novice. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they spread, grow and bloom. I'm pretty happy with the outcome...


Other random tidbits:

- I got an email from Elizabeth at Ambiance in the Netherlands, and she's creating something really neat...a quilt for her soon-to-be niece/nephew with fabric from all over the world. I sent her some pieces today...if you want to help her out, check out her blog (it's in dutch I think...lol) and email her. She's got fabric bits from around the globe...what a unique and special gift.

- I also signed up for Swaptree. It's a site where you can swap games, music, movies and books with others. I listed a few of my crafty/cooking books that I no longer use. I've been scanning the site all day finding books I'd love. What a great way to share your gently loved items and receive some new stuff in return!

- I found out about Amy Butler Midwest Modern Contest (pdf file). Starts in June and runs through till September. Make anything using Amy's Midwest Modern collection and enter to win great prizes! I guess I better restock on some more fabric.

- Tomorrow is May Day Giveaway over at Sew Mama Sew. Make sure to check out all the action starting tomorrow...

- Lastly, keep watching for my SEWN launch giveaway...it's all in the works and I'll be posting about it soon.

Have a great week everyone...I'm starting up another round of 4 shifts...lucky me.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kat May 27, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

I like the dark much better. It seems like it showcases the blocks better somehow.

Shorty May 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Both options look good! I was thinking they both have a modern retro look... the dark brown more 70's retro and the white more classic vintage retro. I agree with Kat that the brown makes the colors pop more, but I'm also a fan of the white. Sorry...I'm being no help at all, right?

STEPHANIE. May 28, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

thanks for stoppin gby my blog...I love your blog! Congrats on your first garden and i think I like the lighter coloered linen best...but I think they both look nice. :) I am going to have to go check out that Amy Butler contest.:)

Gabrielle May 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Definitely the light on the quilt, it's beautiful!!

The Martin Family May 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

LOVE YOU GARDEN KERRY!!! So proud of you and a tad bit jealous!!!xox

Kristy May 30, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Hey Kerry, your blog is great! Definitely love the dark linen. It just makes the colors pop.

CJ June 1, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

I like them BOTH but I think the dark one with that Wonderland fabric is soooo cool! I would go with the dark.

Rafael's Mum June 4, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

I like the white... since looking on the 'oh Fransson' site I have seen lots of blocks in white and they look gorgeous !

Kandra June 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

AMAZING how split your comments are. LOL I really like the white - it's really crisp and clean and reminds me more of Spring. The brown reminds me more of fall...

:)
Kandra

Aunt Spicy June 6, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

Which did you decide? I like both, I think the dark is unique!

Sherri June 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I like the white sashing...looks like it's about even...whichever will be gorgeous...you can't go wrong with Wonderland!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP