Friday, May 15, 2009

Home updates

I guess I should have taken a picture of this old dresser before I started painting...but I got too eager. We received this from a friend who needed to rid himself of some old stuff as he was downsizing. We scored this old dresser, plus a sofa bed, an old Singer sewing machine, a vanity, a dry sink...and I think thats it. I was loving it, since I'm such a thifter, looking for new life in others throw aways.

Here it is in the process. It was originally a dark walnut stain.

And the completed piece in my bedroom. It turned out great. I had to do 3 coats of paint to really get good coverage. The original pulls are still on, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for something a little different. So that's one piece done...I think 4 more to go.


Just threw this one in there...My sister gave this frame as a gift to me and my husband...and I finally put a photo in and found the perfect spot...atop my new dresser.

And my first attempt at seedlings. Growing these from seeds in my sunroom...some are coming in like crazy, while others are taking their time. I think it's time to re-planter them...yes? I'm such a dumb dumb when it comes to gardening...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shorty May 15, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Love the chest of drawers...it turned out fabulous! The seedlings look great, too. We tried that once and nothing grew. Looks like you've got the touch!

Ariel May 15, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

your "new" dresser is cute, cute, cute! Love your blog!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP