Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Amish Quilt Blocks

Boy am I ever so eager! I just received Krista's fabric for August (for Live Piecefully Quilt Bee) yesterday. And today, I've already whipped up two blocks!

Krista sent out two solids and was requesting an amish type quilt with a twist...

...so I took it literally (he he).


First of the two: a spiral block. I like it, but I wasn't really paying attention when I trimmed it up...it's only 12" square (instead of the requested 12.5"). So instead of ripping this apart, cutting, and attempting to correct it, and in the process make a huge mess, I decided to make another...

Krista was great and sent plenty of fabric. Easy to make another full block...and yes, this one is 12.5". I'm happy with it. I really hope she likes it.

*******

Other random tidbits:

Do you ever have those days when you want to purposely destroy your sewing machine? Just so you can satisify the rage inside...and in the meantime have an excuse to buy a competely brand new one? Well that's me today. I hate my machine....you heard me...I HATE YOU! Just you wait...Soon enough I'll trade you in for a sleek, fancier model and your days of torment will be over!

Ok...I feel better now...

*******

The "Name my Quilt" Giveaway is still underway!!!

Voting will remain open for another day (closes July 29th!!!).
Don't forget to leave me a comment telling me you voted.
Good Luck!!!

I hope you all have a great week!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shorty July 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

those are fabulous blocks!!! I'm sure she's going to just love them!!! I'm envious you've already had a chance to make two... I haven't been as lucky with my time. Or maybe I just haven't been using it as wisely! : )

Abby and Stephanie February 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Fantastic blocks. Such precision piecing too.

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP