Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Camping Weekend

It was a great weekend, despite mother nature's fury of rain. It all started on the drive up...



Then more when we arrived. Dark clouds looming over us while we're paddling.


An intermission perhaps??? No...a thunderstorm and 3 scared children (it didn't phase the youngest Sam...he was cool as a cucumber). Once the thunder struck they all recited "I want to go home!" Instead, we all huddled around their mother (my sister). Thanks Carm, for keeping us all in check.



But alas, the dark clouds rolled away, and the sunshine (with lots of large fluffy clouds) came through. It was lots of fun and I was upset to leave. Until next time (which I think may only be another 2 weeks away), we'll stow away the canoe, and dream of sunny days with crystal calm lakes.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I've never commented here before but scrolling through and finding those little scared faces was just priceless.

Shorty July 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Yeah! Glad you guys got some good weather. Thunder can be so scary sounding when you're outside in it. We experienced that just last night on our back porch. I love thunderstorms, but if I could just turn the volume down a bit so I could sit outside and not jump every time it booms! : )

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP