Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hopscotch Complete!


All quilted and bound and ready to be delivered to a very special friend.


I free-motioned my way around this one, trying out my new Janome...and boy was I impressed. That quilt glided through that machine!


I choose a dark, vibrant backing. My friend, Adrienne, LOVES pink...so I thought the flowers quite fitting.


And my first attempt at embroidery! Not too shabby! I kept it simple, but really enjoyed creating this label. I usually have a hard time with labels as I haven't found my preferred method...but maybe now I have??? Time consuming, but worth it in the end. How do you do your quilt labels??? If you have any reference/link for a how-to for different methods, I would love it!!! Comment & post it here!

*****

Thanks again to everyone who voted to name this quilt. It was a lot of fun!!! Maybe more contests in the future???

More pics to come of my other completed works...since buying that Janome, I'm a quilting machine!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

CJ September 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

WOO HOO!! Another one done! The backing is a fun surprise. :D

Kris September 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

What a great label! I want to try embroidering one too!

I usually just write on a little piece using a permanent pen and then attach it with fusible web or by hand. I like to use freezer paper like this tutorial to make the writing easier: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/one-way-to-label-quilt.html

Another way that's caught my eye is making labels using spoonflower. Jaybird has a tutorial about that: http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2009/07/label-tutorial-spoonflower-way.html

Carmen September 30, 2009 at 3:24 AM  

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!! I wish I had as much time as you! Another good job...and what a lovely present!

Kandra September 30, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

YAY! I'm so glad you embroidered! And it looks great :D

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP