Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thruming Along


So after nearly 2 years in the making, I have finally completed my thrum mittens! Aren't they beautiful? Thrum mittens are a unique way to knit-in pieces of roving to create bulk and warm on the inside of the mitt. Cool eh?


A lovely wool maker, Fleece Artist, in Nova Scotia, Ontario, creates these beautiful kits, with a large variety of colours. I picked mine up at a local yarn shop, but click here for links to a store near you.

I love them so much, I have another set in the works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other news:

I know it's been a long time since my last post, but things are starting to pick up in my own crafty world...I have upgraded and purchased a new sewing machine...

I'M GETTING A JANOME!!!!!!

Ok I have to calm down...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

affectioknit September 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

They're beautiful - you did a great job!

Ahava Jora September 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

I've been looking at Janome. Which one are you getting?

Those mittens look so warm!

The Rabbit Factory September 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Those mittens are amazing! They'll be great on those cold winter days!

Stephanie September 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

My stepmother made me some mittens like this when I was 11 years old. I still remember them as the nicest, fluffiest, softest, warmest mittens I've ever owned. And yours are super pretty to boot!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP